CRI-SMF COINIIFUCIUS ClASS ROOM
(A Chinese language institution of China Radio international
& Shanto-Mariam Foundation)
With a view to keeping pace with the world's changing socio-economic scenario Shanto-Mariam Foundation delightfully agreed to a proposal by China Radio International (CRI}, one of the largest international broadcasting stations of the world, to set up a Chinese language and culture center In the name and style of CRI-SMF Confucius Classroom (CSCC) in Dhaka.
- To create and strengthen the teaching faculty of Chinese language and culture in Bangladesh
- To revamp the polygonal relations between the two peoples of China and Bangladesh through fluent and constant interactions in both Chinese and Bangia- the twa tongues that should infuse fresh blood in the ongoing status quo
To create a platform for bilateral cooperation to help boost trade, economy, education, social fabric,
science & technology, etc.
- To promote joint entrepreneurship for most effective utilization of the abundant natural resources of Bangladesh
Courses on offer
A. For Bangladeshis :
- Courses on Communication Chinese (3-Month per Level up to 6th Level)
- 6-Month Certificate to 1-Year Diploma Courses on Business Chinese
- 6-Month Children's Language Course
- 1-Month Survival Chinese for tourists/travelers
- HSK (Chinese Language Proficiency Test) twice a year
- Chinese Art & Craft Course
B. For the Chinese citizens living in Bangladesh :
- 3-6 Months Elementary Bangia for Communication
Other services offered :
Bangla ChlnesemBangla translation services
- lnterpreter(s) if and when necessary
- Consultancy/guida on Higher Education in China
Business guide for both Bangladeshi and Chinese entrepreneurs/investors
- Travel Guide for China tours
Following are some of the remarkable achievements CSCC made so far:
- A good number of enthusiastic Bangladeshi and Chinese students enrolled
- Won scholarship for three students for higher studies in China (2010 & 2011)
- Took part in the month-long National Book Fairs 2010 and 2011 at the Bangia Academy premises
- Presented papers on a broad spectrum of subjects ranging from Slno-Bangla literatures to cultures
hosted by Bangia Academy, Nazrul Institute, Shilpakala Academy, etc.
- Hosted a Children's Art Competition & Prize-giving Ceremony on Shanghai World Expo 2010 on July 20, 2010
- Accorded reception to two distinguished Chinese scholars on Rablndranath Tagore In March 2011. The gala was attended by a number of Government Ministers and Secretaries, elites, scholars and erudite of the country
- Conducted a short Chinese course for a batch of 20 Bangladesh Air Force personnel and another batch
is in the pipeline. Bangladesh Army & Navy also have shown interests.
- Hosted a month-long lV program entitled 'Learn Chinese in Bangia' on Desh 1V's "Durpath (distance
learning)" In May-June 2011
Our parents & partners :
CRI-SMF Confucius Classroom Dhaka (CSCC), is a joint venture academic institution of China Radio International, the largest overseas broadcasting station of China with programs broadcasting in 53 languages and
Shanto-Mariam Foundation, Dhaka Bangladesh undertaking operations under the aegis of Hanban i.e. Chinese
Language Council International or Confucius lnstttute Headquarters housed in Beijing China. CSCC offers oppor tunities to those who intend to learn Chinese language. SMF aims at creative and job-oriented education to develop skilled human resources for the industry at home and abroad.